Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Wholesale Buyer - Fresh Produce
Foodstuffs South Island Limited is major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service for its member groups. This includes PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Henry’s and On the Spot stores, throughout the South Island.
We are looking for a full time person to be part of our highly skilled buying team in the procurement of Fresh Produce from our suppliers to our member stores through our distribution network.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic and passionate team, while further developing your own skills.
This position is suited to those with a background in fresh produce/ supermarket wholesaling or retailing, any logistics / distribution experience is also an advantage. This person should be passionate about produce and be able to get along easily with all people from different backgrounds, as interacting with stores and suppliers is multiple times per day.
This position reports to the Merchandise Manager – Produce and is based at our Papanui head office in Christchurch. You will liaise with Foodstuffs South Island suppliers/ internal staff and supermarket produce staff, and be actively involved within the Foodstuffs South Island Produce Operations teams.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Assisting the Procurement Supervisor – Fresh Produce with making sure strategic and operational tasks are achieved.
- Developing and growing vendor relationships
- Maintain a portfolio of products for distribution to our member stores
- Manage the day to day forecasting and procurement of Fresh Produce through our network.
- Liaise with the retail produce promotions team for the relative activity needed for the sales/ordering & pricing of fresh produce.
The successful applicant will require:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Very good knowledge of computers and software (Word and Excel)
- The ability to form strong working relationship with other key departments and personnel.
- Having a high level of organisational skills with attention to detail
- The ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- To be able to work some weekends.
What we offer you:
- Staff benefits on qualification
- Excellent working conditions
- Career opportunities and development
Have you the skills for this role? See yourself meeting the challenge? Then please register and apply now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship or New Zealand Permanent Residency.
Applications close date: 5.00pm Friday 06 September 2019
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 1015.049
Closing Date: Friday, 6 September 2019