Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Store Manager - NEW WORLD Northwood
A fantastic opportunity for a motivated, positive and self-starting team player who would enjoy the challenges of supermarket retailing has become available at New World Northwood. As an integral member of the Leadership Team you will have significant responsibility and will be working collaboratively with the Owner/Operator to guide the values, culture and success of the business with the aim of being a leader in the industry.
This is a salaried role with base hours of 45 per week and includes one weekend day.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate these key attributes;
- Preferably come from a FMCG background
- Have a high level of self-motivation and commitment
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership qualities that will inspire all Team Members
- Have excellent communication skills that will transcend all levels
- Always aspiring to deliver an exceptional Customer experience at all times
- Be goal orientated and motivated to exceed set goals
- Be not above helping out on the shop floor when and as needed
- Have a strong understanding of financial objectives and the ability to manage, control and review these on an ongoing basis.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP financial and inventory systems
- Have an engaging and positive manner including a great sense of humour
- Have great organisational skills and the ability to effectively delegate which allows you to meet all responsibilities in a timely manner
- The ability to share your knowledge in a way that strengthens and develops your Team preparing them for success.
Reporting directly to the Owner/Operator, the successful applicant’s responsibilities will include;
- Implementing, maintaining and reviewing company processes with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Liaising with both internal Managers and external Suppliers so that company objectives are set, monitored and reviewed ensuring budgets are met or exceeded
- Evaluating, meeting and improving store financial KPIs and overall performance
- Training and mentoring direct reports for their personal development and success
- High level Human Resource duties including involvement in senior recruiting and employment relations
- Assisting the Owner/Operator with the day to day running of the supermarket, including full responsibility of the supermarket in the Owner’s absence.
In return, you will have a supportive Ownership Team committed to creating a great work environment; be supported with an extensive retail and management training package enabling you to achieve and influence your own goals in an industry that is fast moving and exciting.
If you believe you have the passion and energy to bring alive and nurture an exceptional New World Customer experience, please apply online now.
Applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Applications close: 16th August 2020
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8001.258
Closing Date: Sunday, 16 August 2020