Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Deli Assistant (Fixed Term) - NEW WORLD Durham Street
Service Deli Assistant - Fixed Term Part Time
Looking for something new in 2020 and beyond?
New World Durham Street is Christchurch’s newest supermarket experience, offering the latest in supermarket design and features and we are proudly locally owned and operated!
We are looking for a hardworking, passionate and customer driven team player who enjoys working with food. This Service Deli Assistant role is a fixed term part time position until February 7th 2021. The days and hours are Monday 11am-7.30pm, Friday 4-9pm and Saturday OR Sunday 11am-7.30pm, totalling 20.5 hours per week.
This role offers:
- A great store culture
- The opportunity to further develop customer service, team work and organisation and prioritisation skills as well as food preparation and cooking knowledge and skills.
The tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Delivering outstanding customer service and having a good understanding and knowledge of our products
- Working in a team environment to prepare amazing recipes and cook delicious food for our serve over
- Following all Food Safety and Health and Safety processes to a high standard
- Doing varying tasks which may include: cleaning to a high standard, completing Food Safety records, temperature checking and maintaining a great personal hygiene.
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- The ability to make great food and have great food presentation
- Great communication and team building skills
- A positive approach to your day
- Fantastic organisation and resilience and the ability to prioritise tasks
- A great work ethic
If you think you have what it takes to be successful in this role and you would like to work for a company and culture that places high importance on your success and development then please apply!
Applications, including a covering letter and copy of your C.V may be made online now to:
Applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Applications close 10 July 2020
Job no: 8054.083
Closing Date: Friday, 10 July 2020