Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Service Deli and Seafood Assistant Manager - NEW WORLD Wigram
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic person to join our Service Deli and Seafood team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very successful team who produce a wide range of products each day for our loyal and supportive customers.
This is an opportunity for a person who is already confident in their abilities to produce fresh food for sale and who has already some team supervising/management experience.
We are offering very competitive rates of pay so if you are looking for a change in the Food industry or looking for a balance of better days and hours this role could be for you.
The Service Deli Seafood Assistant Manager reports to the Service Deli Seafood Manager and assists with the day to day running of the two departments. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring excellent Customer Service is delivered
- Managing and Supervising team members
- Food planning, preparation, production and presentation
- Food Safety and Health & Safety
- Ordering stock and liaising with suppliers
- Achieving and improving on set targets
- Covering the Manager while they are away on leave
To be a good fit for this role you would have previous experience with
- Team management or supervising
- Candidates should be able to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people
- Strong computer skills are a must - experience with SAP or auto stock systems is an advantage
- Ordering and stocktaking
- Assisting with the management of food safety and health and safety
- A proven background is food production and cooking is essential, as we make an extensive range of in-house products.
The days of work are Sunday to Thursday. The hours of work will require some flexibility to work early mornings and some evening shifts.
All of our roles require the delivery of fantastic ‘Customer Service’ and becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy.
If you believe you have the passion and energy to bring to life the New World experience and would like to be part of the awesome team at Wigram New World apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Applications close Sunday 2nd February 2020 but don’t wait till then get your application in now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8060.183
Closing Date: Sunday, 2 February 2020