Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Seafood Supervisor - New World Bishopdale
New World Bishopdale offers great working conditions, a supportive management structure, and personal development opportunities.
We are seeking a results focused individual to lead our team in the Seafood department. The applicant will have experience with food preparation and food safety. This person will possess enthusiasm for delivering quality products and excellent customer service while achieving sales and gross profit goals.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a management or supervisory role in a supermarket or retail environment
- NZ Food Hygiene Qualifications
- Previous purchasing and inventory control experience
- Solid computer skills including the ability to use spreadsheets
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- High level of initiative and commitment
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organise, lead and control the day to day operation of the Seafood Department ensuring company objectives are met
- Ensure the quality, range, freshness, consistency profitability of the Seafood Department
- Oversee Training & Development and ensure our robust Health & Safety and Food Safety programmes are adhered to by all staff members in the Seafood Department
- Achieve sales, gross profit, wage and gross profit after directs budgets
If you believe you have the passion and energy to join our team, please apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Please note overseas applicants must have New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency, or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8056.093
Closing Date: Monday, 25 March 2019