Scan Co-ordinator - New World Lincoln
Our goal here at Lincoln New World is to “Provide our customers with an outstanding shopping experience that enriches the lives of our customers by being so good, people will go out of their way to choose us.” As the Scan Co-coordinator you are a vital team member who is responsible for ensuring that our customers are charged the correct amount at the till. You will monitor to ensure that all pricing is accurate throughout the store and items are scanning at Checkout correctly.
Your key responsibilities:
- Apply maintenance quickly on a Monday morning so that early bird customers do not get over- charged on specials etc
- Make sure all stock on shelf has a price ticket which reflects correct description, size, price and supplier
- Make any daily changes to produce, deli, seafood in the way of new prices
- Check to ensure all items in the store scan, and if not, putting them in the system as promptly as possible, so not customer is kept waiting while a price is found
- Check that ‘old’ specials have come off when finished and new ones are on at correct price, and ‘signs’ around store show the accurate price
- Making sure all variants are the same price and if finding not right, finding the correct price and changing in system and changing shelf label as quickly as possible
- Carry out random price checks
- Ensuring all POS is accurately displayed
- End of week function is carried out on POS to captured weekly data
You will need to have:
- A keen eye for detail
- Be organized
- Preferably worked in a supermarket before
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up programs quickly
- Be creative
- Be able to prioritize key duties
- Work under pressure and to strict deadlines
This vacancy is a full time position with some administration duties and early morning starts. Please note that we are a small rural town 20 minutes from Christchurch. If you are applying from out of town please attach a covering letter stating why you wish to move to Christchurch for the vacancy.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8044.100
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 November 2018