Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Inwards Goods Assistant - New World Wigram
Inwards Goods Assistant – Wigram New World
We are seeking a highly motivated, reliable and energetic person to join our Dry Goods Team (includes Dry Goods Grocery, Chilled Dairy, Frozen and Liquor departments).
The Inwards Goods Assistant role is a physical one and involves heavy lifting and requires working across all of the Retail departments moving stock and ensuring high levels of presentation and shelf stock is achieved.
This is an opportunity for a person who has forklift operation experience ideally in a stockroom or warehouse.
We offer a welcoming work environment and learning and training opportunities.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Managing our daily load to ensure our shelves are kept stocked within acceptable morning timeframes
- Sunday – Mondays you would be the Storeperson on these days.
- Unloading deliveries (forklift experience and licence required)
- Following the correct Food Safety and Health and Safety policies
- Goods Receipting accuracy.
Personal attributes required are:
- Attention to detail a must as booking in our deliveries is required
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to multi-task and also complete tasks within the required timeframes
- A positive work ethic and attitude
The days of work are Sunday to Thursday with hours to be discussed at the interview, but these are all early morning shifts starting at 6.30am or earlier.
All our roles require you becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy.
If you are a capable licensed forklift operator and have a keen eye for detail, whilst bringing passion and energy to the New World experience we would like you to be part of the awesome team at Wigram New World apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Applications close Sunday 28 August 2022 .
How do I apply?
- Register online at https://foodstuffs.careercentre.co.nz
- Once registered click on ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application details.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.