Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Grocery Manager - PAK'nSAVE Rangiora
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Grocery Manager to join our Team!
You will be responsible for the daily operations of the Grocery department including the day to day running of the Grocery retail areas and overseeing the Storeroom and Nightfill departments. You will have the skill to create eye catching promotional displays and excellent merchandising standards. You will be responsible for developing and implementing instore promotional programs to further drive the business forward.
The primary role of the Grocery Manager is to lead the Grocery team. You will possess the ability to plan, develop and train our dedicated team that will deliver increased growth and outstanding customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an individual who will have commitment to achieve targets and maintain strong organisational and communications skills. The ideal candidate will display high presentation standards, honesty and an exceptional work ethic.
Qualifications, experience, skills and attributes required for this role:
- Retail Supermarket experience to Management level Minimum 4 Years
- Experience with stock control and inventory management
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Financial calculations and budget management
- Computer literate
- Flexibility to work all days of the week
- Customer and results focused
- Strong relationship builder, team player and problem solver, coaching and mentoring
- Strong communication (verbal and written), relationship management
- Planning, organisational and time management skills
- Maintaining standards and eye for detail
Essential job functions of this role:
Ensures appropriate stock management / stock taking processes and procedures are in place in association with the Assistant Grocery Manager. Liaising with suppliers and Sales Reps to maintain stock levels and deliver the best prices for our customers.
- Accurate inwards good receipt and record keeping
- Product quality and storage rotation
- Task allocation and team rostering
- Communicating / liaising and building strong relationships with sales reps and merchandisers
- Organisation and planning of promotional displays and space management
- Managing stock range including new lines and deletions and manage delivery discrepancies
- Maintain Health and Safety and Food Safety practices to the highest standard
We are a team where everything we do reflects our multiple core values and our vision of being the ‘Go to supermarket in North Canterbury’.
This is a Salaried Full time position working a permanent 45 hour week working Monday to Friday, hours are flexible.Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 9012.079
Closing Date: Friday, 21 December 2018