Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Fresh Foods Operations Manager - NEW WORLD Wigram
Are you an expert in fresh food departments with extensive experience in the supermarket retail environment? We are looking for a person who can lead the fresh foods division for our store plus undertake a share of wider store management tasks. This role reports directly to the owner/operator.
The key responsibilities are:
- Leading, coaching and supporting the Bakery, Butchery, Produce, Service Deli and Seafood department managers (direct reports).
- Ensuring the stores fresh food presentation expectations are being met
- Being involved in manager goal setting to ensure required objectives are being met
- Working with the department management team to achieve the companies KPI’s
- Ensuring the stores fresh foods compliance work is being undertaken as required and that excellent audit results are being achieved.
- People management including wage and hours budgets, rostering, recruitment, training coordination, performance and disciplinary management
The key qualifications and skills required are:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a management role in a supermarket or retail environment, preferably in a fresh foods department
- An eye for detail and ability to guide the presentation of fresh foods departments
- Supermarket compliance knowledge including food safety and health & safety in a fresh foods environment
- High level of IT systems and computer skills
Personal attributes required are:
- The ability to communicate successfully with a wide range of people including team members, Department Managers, Business Owners and external organisations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Outstanding planning and organising skills - able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Team Player – who will support and collaborate effectively
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask and prioritise is essential
The days and hours of the position will be discussed with each individual short listed applicant however there is a requirement to work one weekend day per week.
All of our roles require the delivery of fantastic ‘Customer Service’ and becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy.
Applications close: Sunday 9th February 2020 - but don’t wait till then get your application in now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8060.182
Closing Date: Sunday, 9 February 2020