Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Dry Goods Manager - New World Halswell
We are a large Supermarket in a very competitive area seeking an innovative, customer focused and enthusiastic Dry Goods Manager whose skills and attributes can be utilised in our business. We require someone with the ability and passion to continue to challenge, drive and grow the business.
The successful applicant is a person who can plan, organise, lead and control the operations of a dry goods team. The dry goods departments are: Grocery, General Merchandise, Dairy, Frozen and Liquor. This role has 5 direct reports, and would suit an experienced manager and presents a unique and challenging opportunity for the right person.
This is a full time, salaried position, reporting directly to the Store Manager.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Proven leadership skills
- Developed organisational skills
- An ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation
- Attention to detail
- Proven history of success
- Inspires by example
- An ability to develop a culture that promotes service and innovation
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Exceeding Customers' service expectations
- Meeting with Sales Representatives and Managers from suppliers to discuss strategy, planning and execution in store
- Ensure a consistently high level of presentation in the dry goods departments
- Managing operations and buying to meet customers’ requirements
- Organising, leading and coaching staff
- Ensuring standards of all products are achieved and maintained
- The implementation of our Food and Health & Safety requirements
- Monitoring and managing process and ordering to minimise waste
- The achievement of Sales, Gross Profit and Wage budgets
If you have an excellent work record and a high standard of performance, and believe you have the drive to take our dry goods departments to a new level then please apply giving details of experience and a current CV.
Please note overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8048.313
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 March 2019