Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Customer Service Checkout Manager
Our recently completed Supermarket, NEW WORLD Hobsonville is opening soon. As a ‘state of the art’ store we’ll provide a truly unique experience for customers of the Hobsonville community.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Service / Checkout Manager to join the team and help create an outstanding customer experience. Working alongside the Owner/Operator you’ll strive for best practice and excellence to deliver what our customers want.
Checkouts are the face of our store. Here, customers have the most contact with our team and we’re focused on creating an exceptional customer experience, which we need your help to create this vision!
- You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the checkout department
- Ensure all customers’ needs are met and they receive the highest quality customer service
- Complete rosters, conduct performance reviews, and training
- Setting the standards and ensuring they are met day in and day out
- Build relationships with the wider team and leadership to get the very best results
- Work within a flat structure whilst reporting directly to the owner operator
What’s in it for you:
- Prove yourself in a modern store and be actively involved in the direction and growth
- Opportunity to recruit and lead an outstanding team that will continue to deliver growth and customer satisfaction
- New World are known for its people development and career opportunities
- An amazing team of leaders to learn from who are also open to your help along the way
- Ability to assist in other value add areas, such as HR, Compliance & Payroll
What are we looking for:
- Proven checkout management experience is a must have
- Organisational skills & ability to understand the pressures of running a front line department
- Ability to plan, organise and deliver results and ensure our compliance obligations are met
- Great people skills and people leadership
- Reliable, honest and be a good team player
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand
About New World & Foodstuffs;
You know New World, PAK’n’SAVE and Four Square right? That’s Foodstuffs! We are one of NZ’s biggest companies, you just don’t know it, because in true Kiwi style – we are humble about it (apart from right now maybe)! Join one of our stores and you open the door to endless opportunities!
Apply now !
Permanent Full Time
Job no: GZDS0256863
Closing Date: Thursday, 27 August 2020