Checkout Supervisor - New World Howick
Do you pride yourself on your ability to motivate team members to perform to the highest standards?
Are you passionate about delighting customers?
Do you have excellent work ethic's?
At New World Howick we are proud of our reputation for delivering exceptional customer service and delighting our customers everyday. We have a superb opportunity for talented and enthusiastic customer focused individuals with supervisory experience to join our team and be part of our success. Preference will be given to applicants with high presentation standards, who are highly self-motivated and have excellent communication skills to complement an already efficient and successful team.
The primary role of the Checkout Supervisor is to supervise checkout team members and the day to day running of Lotto, as well as relieve for the Checkout Manager and perform their duties in their absence. The role includes maintenance of records according to store policy, to manage, train and develop Checkout Operators, to enforce legislative requirements and to assist with maximizing sales and achieving specified profit margins.
Essential job functions of this role include:
- Managing customer flow through team allocation at the check out
- Co-coordinating training and development of all team members
- Developing working rosters
- Ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Undertaking necessary administrative functions of the role
Qualifications, experience, skills and attributes required for this role:
- Supermarket and Retail experience
- Preferably with Liquor License
- Proven Leadership Skills and Supervisor Skills will be preferred
- Customer and results focused
- Strong relationship builder, team player and problem solver.
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Maintaining standards and eye for detail
- Physically fit and healthy
Applicants for this position must be eligible to work in NZ. If you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply on http://careers.foodstuffs.co.nz
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LZCL7242426
Location: Auckland, Howick
Closing Date: Friday, 26 January 2018