Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Our recently completed Supermarket, NEW WORLD Hobsonville is opening soon. As a ‘state of the art’ store we’ll provide a truly unique experience for customers of the Hobsonville community.
We are seeking an experienced Buyer to join the team and help create an outstanding customer experience. Working alongside the Owner/Operator you’ll strive for best practice and excellence to deliver what our customers want.
- Listen to customers to find out what they want and need in one simple shop
- Work on the long-term strategy and direction for the buying to ensure we stay on trend
- Control inventory stock levels, and make sure appropriate procedures are in place
- Partner, negotiate and communicate with suppliers to get the best deals for our customers
- Build relationships with the wider team and leadership to get the very best results
- Deliver on commercial outcomes to drive growth in the store
What’s in it for you:
- The ability to drive something within a flexible and creative working environment – if there is a better way, let us know!
- Prove yourself in a new store and be actively involved in the direction and growth
- New World are known for its people development and career opportunities
- An amazing team of leaders to learn from who are also open to your help along the way
- An attractive salary, a KPI-driven bonus and annually performance-based salary reviews
What are we looking for:
- Strong buying and SAP experience are a must have
- A love of retail (with experience in FMCG environment) and career aspirations to go further
- An ability to listen, advise and come up with commercial, customer driven solutions
- A great negotiator who is focussed on delivering the best deal to the customer
- Ability to balance buying with operational efficiency to keep Out of Stocks to a minimum
- Reliable, honest and be a good team player
- Must be eligible to work in New Zealand
About New World & Foodstuffs;
You know New World, PAK’nSAVE and Four Square right? That’s Foodstuffs! We are one of NZ’s biggest companies, you just don’t know it, because in true Kiwi style – we are humble about it (apart from right now maybe)! Join one of our stores and you open the door to endless opportunities!
Permanent Full Time
Job no: GZDS0256864
Closing Date: Thursday, 27 August 2020