Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Butcher - New World Kaikoura
NEW WORLD KAIKOURA – JOB VACANCY: BUTCHERY
Full Time: 40 hours per week. Permanent hours.
We are currently seeking a motivated, energetic, reliable person to join our fabulous butchery team at New World Kaikoura. This position will be permanent full time – Tuesday to Saturday. Proposed hours will be Tuesday 7am-12.30pm, Wednesday 8am-4.30pm, Thursday 8am-5.30pm, Friday 7am-5pm, Saturday 7am-3.30pm.
This position could suit a qualified butcher, an experienced knife-hand, or someone that would like to complete a butchery apprenticeship. Pay would be dependent on experience.
The role will involve a variety of tasks including the following:
- Passionate about delivering high quality fresh product and enjoy working with meat!
- Cutting, trimming and packing of supermarket lines
- Service cabinet preparation – presenting the department to a high standard
Please note: Our busiest times are long weekends/public holidays, and summer holidays
The person we are looking for will have the following attributes:
- Have a passion for giving excellent customer service and going the extra mile for our customers
- Be able to work well in a team, but also be able to complete tasks unassisted in the required timeframe
- Must be able to identify what products need replenishing as you walk the department – initiative is an absolute must!
- Be honest and reliable
- Must be physically fit as they will be on their feet all day and they need to be able to lift the boxes of stock
- Must have a positive approach to their day and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Must be process driven and able to follow recipes/cut lists
- Must be keen to learn
- Have great presentation skills and attention to detail
If you have the necessary skills and are interested in joining our successful, friendly team then please collect an application form from the service desk, or email email@example.com to request an application form. Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Applications Close 21st August 2022
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8087.020
Closing Date: Sunday, 21 August 2022