Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Bakery Manager - New World Timaru
Here at New World we pride ourselves on our service, quality and product range. We are currently searching for a Bakery Manager to join our Store.
We believe in recruiting people who are passionate about what they do and want to play an essential part in our ongoing success. Providing leadership, direction and ensuring standards remain high, you’ll bring a management style that motivates and brings out the best in those around you.
Whilst it would be preferable to be a Qualified Baker, we would also consider an applicant with strong management skills in a food environment. Excellent communication skills, the ability to share ideas, try new things and pass on your knowledge are also important to us. A sense of humour is also valued in our team.
As a Bakery Manager you will:
- Possess excellent people management skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Be passionate about baking and delivering great customer service
- Maintain excellent Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- Continuously improve the range on offer to our customers
- Uphold quality control and attention to detail
- Be responsible for ordering and stocktaking
- Have relevant experience in a retail environment
- Drive the business forward whilst maintaining focus on standards and overall results
- Work to deadlines and really rise to a challenge with a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Have a fresh thinking and a continuous improvement mindset
- Food Safety Certificates 167 & 168 would be advantageous due to the nature of this role.
This position is a full time role of 45 hours per week. Days of work are Tuesday to Saturday and of course those early morning starts that Bakers are famous for.
If you are interested in joining a passionate Bakery team who take pride in producing quality products and looking after our customers then please apply online or pop in and see us.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8010.091
Closing Date: Monday, 28 January 2019