Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Assistant Storeperson - New World Northwood
New World Northwood is a large, modern supermarket situated in the ever-growing northern suburbs of Christchurch.
We now have a position available for a passionate and motivated Store Person, whose job it will be to assist with running the inwards goods area, ensuring the shop is kept well stocked, and providing excellent customer service, all while maintaining health & safety and food safety standards.
Instore, we offer great working conditions, a warm and friendly environment, and the opportunity to learn and grow.
The key responsibilities will be:
- The receipting and quality check of inwards goods
- Unloading, sorting and stacking of orders
- Maintaining an organised, clean and tidy storeroom
- Building strong relationships from our Delivery Drivers through to Suppliers, Reps and Colleagues to ensure an efficient storeroom
- Ensuring Health & Safety practices are being adhered to
- Safe and efficient use of the forklift
- Shelf filling and store presentation
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Proven industry experience
- Show integrity & reliability
- Ability to proactively communicate on all levels
- Organised, precise and show good attention to detail
- Be able to work independently as well as part of the wider Team
- A team player with the ability to build relationships
- Always have customer service at the forefront of their mind
- Have a sound knowledge of SAP systems or a similar inventory system
Previous experience in the supermarket industry is desirable
A current forklift licence will be required.
Days and hours of work are Tuesday – Saturday with hours to be discussed at the interview.
If you believe you have all the attributes and skills listed above, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply online or fill out an application form at the Service Desk instore.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand to be considered.
Applications close: 29th May 2022