VMI Procurement Coordinator - Foodstuffs South Island Ltd
Foodstuffs South Island Ltd is major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service for its member groups. This includes PAK’nSAVE, New World and Four Square stores, throughout the South Island.
Based in Christchurch and reporting to the Wholesale Procurement & Systems Manager, this role requires the coordination and monitoring of the day to day performance, including a detailed set of KPI’s for our Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) partners.
Supporting and coordinating the introduction, training and communication to this group of buyers while ensuring they are performing at the optimum level. Utilisation of the SAP advanced forecasting and replenishment procurement system to ensure that member & customer order service levels are maintained at the highest level, whilst maximising the efficiencies of inventory and operational management.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Allow for continuous improvement of existing partnerships while ensuring the best possible resources are in place, that will allow for growth in performance with any of the new system developments and enhancements we might make
- Ensure engagement with vendors in such a way as to develop relationships for identifying where continuous business improvement can be made
- Maximise the introduction of new products, by ensuring speed and distribution to market. Maximise sales and stock turns through continuous improvement of category management/ranging reporting
- Ensure the optimisation of the SAP replenishment system settings for procurement is in place to deliver optimal service levels to members whilst balancing inventory
- Maintain the designated portfolios of vendor articles for replenishment and inventory management and act as the conduit for any communication
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience in FMCG
- Outstanding attention to detail and listening skills
- Proven management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building and sustaining relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present credibly and influence others
- Capacity to adapt quickly to new systems and concepts
- A sound awareness in the operation of computers
- Exceptional knowledge of standard software platforms. (E.g. Word and Excel)
- Cognitive reasoning and problem solving abilities, including openness to new and innovative approaches
- An emphasis on quality and professionalism
This role offers a competitive salary as well as the opportunity for you to grow within New Zealand’s market leader in the Retail Grocery industry.
If you see yourself in this role, working with dynamic passionate team of people in this exciting merchandise environment, then you should register and apply online now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 1015.046
Closing Date: Friday, 29 June 2018