Supermarket Assistant - Stafford Street Four Square
We are offering an opportunity to someone with drive and enthusiasm to take on this role within our supermarket operation.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, positive and self-starting team player who would enjoy the challenges of supermarket retailing. You will be involved in the fill, presentation as well as sale of our products.
A Liquor Licence (Managers Certificate) for the sale of liquor would be advantageous for this role.
Days and hours of work (a minimum of 18 hours per week), will be discussed during the interview process.
The successful applicant will need to have experience in the retail industry, have a strong customer focus, preferably having worked in a supermarket environment, and able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Developed organisational skills
- Effectively communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Be a problem solver
- Dedication to customer service
- Experience operating a checkout register
- Ability to learn fast
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- Must be a team player with a positive can-do attitude
A keen eye for presentation and the ability to prioritise what needs filling and when (a passion for leading people and ensuring we have the best looking shelves is a must!)
Key responsibilities may include:
- Some late night closings, early morning starts and weekend work
- Working closely with the Owner/Operators to build a successful team
- Ensuring standards of merchandising and presentation are achieved and maintained
- Assisting & occasionally supervising a busy checkout
- Assisting with Lotto – Lotto certificate ideal, but not essential
- Responsible for the sale of liquor and tobacco
- Maintaining our Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
Reporting directly to the Store Owners, the successful applicant will be offered the support and training needed to thrive in this position.
If you have the necessary skills and are interested in joining our team then please apply online now including your CV and cover letter.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 411450.005
Closing Date: Sunday, 30 September 2018