Produce 2IC / Duty Manager - Raeward Fresh Richmond
Looking for a change or to step up into responsibility?
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a change or someone who wants to step onto the management ladder.
As the Produce 2IC, it will be up to you and the produce Manager to ensure that the Produce department runs smoothly and effectively. You will receive an experience like running your own business and will have freedom to bring your ideas to life.
This is an exciting hands on role where you liaise and work in conjunction with the Produce Manager to ensure the successful running of the department.
Days of work: To be discussed
Approximately: 40 hours
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Produce Department –
Assisting Produce Manger in
- Successfully running the department and motivating the team.
- Managing Gross Profits
- Managing Stock Control / Ordering
- Control of Shrinkage
- Control of Wage %
- Maintaining high department standards
2. Duty Manager-
- Preparing shop for opening & closing
- When rostered, be onsite to supervise and approve any sales of liquor ensuring all legal requirements are met.
- Ensure shop floor presentation is of a suitable standard at all times and stock filled by appropriate staff when required.
- Prepare daily cash banking’s as required.
- Take responsibility for managing and resolving customer complaints.
- Approve Liquor and any age restricted sales as necessary and ensure 100% compliance to a relevant legislation and our own Host Responsibility policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Stores Health and Safety Policy, this includes reporting incidents and near misses to the Compliance Manager.
- Ensure compliance with the stores Food Safety Policy which includes reporting any non-compliances or incidence to the Compliance Manager.
The skills and attributes we seek are:
- Team Player who leads from the front
- Ability to motivate and give clear direction
- Initiative and good common sense
- Produce experience is essential
- Knowledge of Food Safety standards is essential
- SAP knowledge would be desirable
- General Managers Certificate / LCQ an advantage
A weekend shift will be required for this position. Days and hours of work will be discussed during the interview process but may be tailored to suit individual situations.
The salary package will reflect the skills and abilities of the successful applicant.
We are a family business that has a great culture creating an enjoyable environment to work in. If this sounds like the role for you, please register and apply online now. Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Overseas Applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 411663.017
Closing Date: Wednesday, 27 June 2018