Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Payroll Specialist - Foodstuffs South Island
Foodstuffs South Island Limited is a major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service to our members - PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Henry’s, Raeward Fresh, On The Spot, and to Trents customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist for a Fixed Term of 18 months to undertake payroll functions and enquiries relating to PayGlobal.
The position is based in Christchurch and reports to the Payroll Systems Manager
The successful candidate will have many years of previous PayGlobal experience and be comfortable working in a high volume, large company environment. As well as experience in end-to-end payroll processing (weekly, fortnightly and monthly), you will be expected to be able to answer payroll and PayGlobal enquiries from our 70 Members stores.
Strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
- Assisting with and processing end-to-end payroll for 1600 employees – wages and salaries
- Provide complete pay processing and system support to PayGlobal and ESS users
- Provide payroll reports as requested
- Answering enquiries and advising on payroll and PayGlobal functions in a timely manner, including using a Call logging system
- Complete weekly tasks to streamline the payroll processes
- Assist with programme upgrades including training payroll users
Proven skills and competencies for this role are extensive and include:
- Excellent PayGlobal and payroll processing skills including editing data in the Daily View
- Good knowledge of current payroll related legislation
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship management abilities
- Competent general computer skills
- The ability to provide support in a Helpdesk environment for our Member payroll staff in a timely manner
- The ability to trouble shoot and analyse issues with Time and Attendance processing, payroll processing, employee setups, created reports.
- Experience with SAP ledger reconciliation
If you believe you possess the skills, experience and competencies for this role, and enjoy working with a dynamic passionate team of people, then apply now.
Foodstuffs South Island Ltd has an active drug and alcohol policy, the successful applicant may be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Job no: 3216.004
Closing Date: Friday, 21 December 2018