Merchandise Manager - Meat and Seafood - Foodstuffs South Island
Foodstuffs South Island Ltd is a major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service for its member groups. This includes PAK’nSAVE, New World and Four Square stores, throughout the South Island.
Based in Christchurch and reporting to the General Manager Merchandise, this newly created role will focus on providing procurement support to the Meat and Seafood Departments within our supermarkets, to ensure their competitiveness in this area, while maximising sales & profit contributions for this category.
The successful applicant will be required to support the execution of Meat/Seafood procurement strategies with the General Manager Merchandise, the procurement team, retail operations team and our banner group members.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring the company’s Meat and Seafood procurement strategy
- Developing a procurement strategy to assist our Meat and Seafood Departments within each banner group to achieve the highest level of quality and profitability
- Assisting with the development of the Private Label program for Meat and Seafood products
- Communicating with procurement and operations to assist in the improvement of standards to maximize fresh Meat and Seafood execution, including cold chain integrity, product ordering, cutting standards, etc.
The successful applicant will require:
- Experience in the Meat and Seafood Industry
- A solid and proven knowledge of marketing fresh Meat and Seafood
- The ability to provide innovation and guidance
- Good communicational skills both written and oral
- A sound knowledge of the operation of computers and standard software platforms e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
Although this role is primarily office based, there is a requirement to travel
Are you capable of managing this new role? If so, then please apply online, giving details of your experience and attaching a copy of your CV and references.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 3225.068
Closing Date: Friday, 25 May 2018