Liquor Manager - New World South City
New World South City is a locally owned and operated supermarket situated in the heart of Christchurch.
We strive to be Christchurch’s most loved shopping experience, priding ourselves on unrivalled customer service an amazing grocery offer and an outstanding fresh foods experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to join our management team. Our Liquor department has one of the largest ranges of products in the South Island and customer experience within the department is something that we value highly. Ideally you will have experience working in the liquor industry but we welcome all applications from individuals who are driven to provide exceptional results.
This is a hands-on role with your key responsibilities including;
- The merchandising of the department to a high standard
- Creating strong supplier relationships that will benefit the store
- Analyzing deals to maximize profitability
- Managing direct schedules
- Meeting with suppliers to ensure product opportunities are realised
- Daily ordering of stock to suit the needs of the business
- Ensuring that the full range and sufficient quantity of products are available for sale
- Creating and maximising increased sales opportunities and achieving and maintaining gross profit, store share targets and wage budgets
- Achieving financial and operational KPI’s
- Sharing knowledge, passion and love of your products with customers
- Leadership and support of liquor team members
- Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to create an instant rapport with suppliers and customers
- High levels of commitment to the business and a passion for the industry
- Good organisation and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to meet budget targets and optimise product range
- Proven leadership skills
- A desire to expand your knowledge of liquor products
- Able to work individually and alongside our wider in-store support team
We offer the right person a friendly, professional and supportive environment working alongside a strong leadership team as well as the exciting training opportunities that the liquor industry provides. We will be opening a brand new standalone New World Store early next year of which the liquor department will play a major role. This is an opportunity that doesn’t happen very often. If you want to be part of something special then we would like to hear from you.
Time for a change? Want an exciting new future? Then please apply in writing to:
The Human Resource Manager
South City New World
Shop 2 – South City Centre
555 Colombo Street
Applications, including a covering letter and copy of your C.V may be made online now http://www.snafflejobs.co.nz/7QJ2YG7D
Or directly to the store by emailing email@example.com
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8054.062
Closing Date: Monday, 27 August 2018