HR Advisor - Foodstuffs South Island
Foodstuffs South Island Limited is a major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service to our members - PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Henry’s, Raeward Fresh, On The Spot, and to Trents customers.
This role is reporting to the Organisation Development and Wellbeing Manager and is based at the Papanui Head Office.
This is a generalist HR position and has a strong emphasis on employment relations and requires the provision of sound HR advice and assistance to key stakeholders throughout the business. The HR Advisor will work closely with the HR Business Partners, department managers and owner/operators in areas such as recruitment, induction, performance management and HR projects.
This is a fixed term position for 18 months to provide additional assistance while we undertake a significant project.Applicants will possess a relevant tertiary qualification with solid generalist HR experience, preferably obtained within a large organisation. A good working knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation is important along with the ability to communicate successfully with a wide range of people throughout the organisation.
If you think this role is right for you, we would love to hear from you if you have;
- A Tertiary Qualification in Human Resources
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ HR advice, support and administration
- Familiar with all Employment related legislation and best practice
- An understanding of HR related systems preferably PayGlobal, OnBase, Phoenix Recruitment system
- Intermediate to high level in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding planning and organising skills - able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Team Player – who will support and collaborate effectively
The Strategy and People division includes HR, Health and Safety, Payroll, Training and Development, Administration and Print Centre teams.
If you believe you possess the skills, experience and competencies for this role, and enjoy working with a dynamic passionate team of people, then apply now.
Foodstuffs South Island Ltd has an active drug and alcohol policy, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Job no: 3170.038
Closing Date: Saturday, 25 August 2018