Grocery Senior Buyer - New World Bishopdale
The above position has become available within our supermarket and calls for a person who can plan, organise, and control the day to day Purchasing operations of our Grocery Department. This position reports to the Grocery Manager. You will be working in excellent conditions, with the latest equipment, and as part of a lively and professional team.
The successful applicant will need to be an experienced and successful Grocery Buyer, with a positive “Can Do” attitude.
The skills and attributes required for this position are:
- Expert knowledge of purchasing products across all Grocery Categories.
- Possess excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
- Preference will be given to applicants that have a sound knowledge of SAP enterprise applications.
- Sound financial skills, full understanding of Forward Buying
- Fully conversant with Category Management principles.
- A commitment to superior customer service.
- Initiative and integrity.
- Self motivation.
- Excellent presentation, communication and team work skills.
- The ability to be imaginative and innovative.
- Relevant qualification in Business/Management/minimum 3 years relevant experience in similar role
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibilities for making purchasing decisions and strategies for the store
- Analysis of all available SAP Reports
- Assisting in all aspects of category management
- Ability to achieve targets and meet production and profitability budgets.
- Maintaining a high standard of merchandising.
- Duty Management
- The implementation of Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards.
- Profit Targets met especially though the use of intelligent Investment Buying.
- Monitoring sales data and inventory levels, while studying trade, manufacturers and market information to keep informed of changing market conditions
- Ensuring speed to market with new products and managing the deletion process
- Anticipating consumer trends and determining quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased.
If you believe you have the ability to achieve these requirements, please apply now including your CV and covering letter.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 8056.082
Closing Date: Friday, 30 November 2018