Grocery Buyer - New World South City
New World South City is a locally owned and operated supermarket situated in the heart of Christchurch.
We strive to be Christchurch’s most loved shopping experience, priding ourselves on unrivalled customer service an amazing grocery offer and an outstanding fresh foods experience.
We have an opportunity for a motivated person to join our procurement team. Our grocery department has one of the largest ranges of products in the South Island and deals heavily with direct vendors. Given our challenging parameters, 2 years previous SAP experience and knowledge of the role is required.
This is a hands-on role with your key responsibilities including;
- Analyzing deals to maximize profitability
- Managing direct schedules
- Meeting with suppliers to ensure product opportunities are realised
- Creating daily orders with suppliers and using systems to process these efficiently
- Ensuring that the full range and sufficient quantity of products are available for sale
- Creating and maximising increased sales opportunities and achieving and maintaining gross profit and store share targets
- Monitoring competitors pricing
- Ensuring in-store specials are invoiced correctly, and all buying records and documentation is up to date and accessible
- Achieving financial and operational KPI’s
Applicants will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to negotiate and bargain for the best possible prices
- High levels of commitment to the business and a passion for retail
- Well organised
- Able to meet budget targets and optimise product range
- Able to work individually and as part of the team are both necessary requirements
We offer the right person a friendly, professional and supportive environment working alongside a strong leadership team.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand Citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8054.058
Closing Date: Tuesday, 26 June 2018