Food Safety / Health & Safety Coordinator - New World Wigram
Are you experienced with running Food Safety and Health & Safety plans in a Supermarket or Fresh Foods environment? We are looking for a person to join our business who has great passion for and experience in this area. If it’s a part-time position offering work-life balance that you are looking for then this could be the position for you!
The role will involve working 20 hours per week with flexibility around the days of work with a small requirement for a few hours to be worked in the evenings to carry out bi-monthly testing to meet our Food Safety obligations.
The key responsibilities are:
- Ensure that food and workplace safety practices are maintained to a level that achieves compliance with the current legislation and Foodstuffs Food Control Plan
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are being implemented and maintained and employee participation and awareness is supported
- Our supermarket Food Control Plan policies and procedures being implemented, managed and maintained
- Food Safety - facilitating product recalls, testing and swabs, department audits, training and inductions, reporting, corrective action requirements in conjunction with department managers
- Health and Safety – facilitating accident and incident investigations, department audits, policy reviews, training and inductions, reporting, corrective action requirements in conjunction with department managers
The key experience required is:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant Food Safety/Health and Safety experience preferably within a supermarket or fresh foods environment
- Some formal relevant training and qualifications such as unit standards 167 and 168 (Food Safety) and National Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (Workplace Safety).
Personal attributes required for all areas are:
- The ability to communicate successfully with a wide range of people including team members, Department Managers, Business Owners and external organisations
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Microsoft Word and Excel and specialised software systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding planning and organising skills - able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
- Team Player – who will support and collaborate effectively
- Excellent time management with the ability to multitask and prioritise is essential
All of our roles require the delivery of fantastic ‘Customer Service’ and becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy.
We offer a welcoming work environment and learning and training opportunities.
If you believe you have the passion and energy to bring to life the New World experience and would like to be part of the new exciting retail opportunity at Wigram New World apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 8060.129
Closing Date: Wednesday, 22 August 2018