Duty Manager - New World Lincoln
We are seeking a person who can assist the owners / store manager in managing Lincoln New World.
You will be a part of an enthusiastic and motivated team. We are a store that values initiative and trying new things.
Our goal is to “Provide our customers with a superior shopping experience through excellence in range, service and operation.” You will be part of our frontline team who are the face of our business.
The successful applicant will preferably have worked in a supermarket environment and able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Developed organisation skills
- Effectively communicate at all levels and demonstrate empathy for others
- Attention to detail store wide
- Be a problem solver
- Dedication to customer service and the store goals
- Good computer skills
- Ability to learn fast
- Proven ability to provide effective performance management tools
- Proven ability to manage large groups of people
- Proven ability to think quickly and effectively in a crisis or under pressure
- Ability to be discreet when dealing with sensitive information
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a high standard of merchandising
- Assist the store owner in running the store
- Daily / Nightly walks of Departments
- Assisting other managers to reach store financial targets
- Maintaining a high standard of store and staff presentation
- Helping maintain our Health & Safety and Food Safety Standards
- On call some evenings
- Assisting owners to “raise the bar” of standards in store
- In charge of the store when the owners / store manager are not there
- Assist the grocery team in the filling of grocery when needed
- Assisting on checkouts where required
Hours are Tuesday to Thursday 3pm to 9.30pm & Friday and Saturday 12pm – 9.30pm
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 8044.099
Closing Date: Tuesday, 11 December 2018