Communications Officer - Foodstuffs South Island Limited
Foodstuffs South Island Limited (FSSI) is a major wholesaling and retailing cooperative providing a high level of service to our members - PAK’nSAVE, New World, Four Square, Henry’s, Raeward Fresh, On The Spot, and to Trents customers.
We are currently looking for an expert in their field, to serve as the principal advisor providing comprehensive and proactive communications both internally and externally. Based in Christchurch, our Communications Officer is a newly established full time, permanent role and will be reporting to the GM Strategy and People.
The successful applicant’s key responsibilities include:
- All public relations, that encompasses building, sustaining and managing FSSI’s reputation externally to our members and as seen within the public sector.
- Developing and updating key internal and external communications, presentations, fact sheets and messages in a variety of media formats.
- Managing, writing and delivering communications, internal and external, including board, corporate and senior executive presentations.
- Managing the corporate communication systems and archives.
- Developing and distributing key messages that advance the FSSI’s mission.
- Managing in conjunction with FSNZ PR team, all media related enquiries and passing as required to the appropriate people to action.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in communication – both strategic and operational.
- At least 5 years experience in text writing and editing.
- Formal qualification or Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Outstanding oral/written communication skills; excellent creative writing skills.
- Ability to work as a team member; maintaining sensitive and confidential communications.
- Experience in public relations program management, research, planning, communication, marketing and evaluation.
- Comfortable working with senior management in an organisational structure.
If you can think boldly and innovatively with the ability to develop and enact new ideas and you want to work with a passionate team of people in this exciting retail cooperative environment, then you should apply online now.
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Foodstuffs South Island Ltd has an active drug and alcohol policy. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 3106.004
Closing Date: Sunday, 3 June 2018