Checkout Supervisor – New World Wigram
We are seeking an additional Checkout Supervisor to join our Customer Services team. This position requires previous supermarket checkout experience along with the capability to handle additional responsibilities.
The Checkout Supervisor role is a varied one and involves solely overseeing Checkout operations in their entirety during allocated periods, working alongside other senior team members and carrying out hands on work with all team members. Our Customer Services operation includes the areas of Checkouts, Self-Service, Lotto, Coffee and the Customer Service desk.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate that they can operate under pressure during busy periods, are able to communicate effectively and display the ability to adapt under prevailing circumstances.
A current General Managers Liquor License is an essential requirement for this position.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Ensuring that excellent Customer Service is delivered
- Carrying out normal checkout duties such as till operation, packing bags, monitoring self-service checkouts, lotto sales
- Supervising the sale of restricted age items such as alcohol, tobacco and lotto
- Supervising the team and communicating directives from the department manager
- Managing team member breaks and ensuring all department job responsibilities are being carried out
- Flexibility to work additional days and hours to help with cover as required
Personal attributes required are:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Ability to multi-task and also complete tasks within the required timeframes
- A positive work ethic and attitude
This position offers permanent days of work on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The hours of work are mixed however do include an opening shift start on a Friday at 6.45am and a closing shift finish at 10pm on a Saturday. The total permanent hours to be offered are 30 hours per week.
All of our roles require the delivery of fantastic ‘Customer Service’ and becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy.
We offer a welcoming work environment and learning and training opportunities.
If you believe you have the passion and energy to bring to life the New World experience and would like to be part of the awesome team at Wigram New World apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
Applications close Tuesday 26th June but don’t wait till then get your application in now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8060.121
Closing Date: Tuesday, 26 June 2018