Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Checkout Operator Vacancies – New World Wigram
New World Wigram are seeking highly motivated and energetic people to join our Checkout team PART TIME.
All of our roles require the delivery of fantastic ‘Customer Service’ and becoming part of our ‘One Team’ philosophy. This is an excellent opportunity for a people who have the personal qualities already associated with providing excellent customer service and working in a team.
We offer a welcoming work environment with learning and training opportunities.
Opportunities currently available:
Student shifts - a range of days available with the hours being during the afternoon/evening starting from 4pm onwards – 6 to 12 permanent hours per week.
Senior Checkout Operator – with up to 25 permanent hours per week the successful person must be available to work at least 1 or 2 late evening shift (to 10pm) per week and a Saturday day shift. These shifts are suited to already experienced checkout operators who are prepared to take on some additional responsibilities such as coffee making, lotto operation, and assisting supervisors.
All applicants must have reliable transport options.
The responsibilities of these positions include:
- Delivering excellent Customer Service
- Operating tills, packing bags, collecting trolleys, keeping our customer service areas clean, occasionally helping out with filling shelves
- Lotto operation and coffee making
- Having knowledge about our products, services and promotions
- Following the correct Checkout procedures
- Adhering to Food Safety and Health and Safety policies
Personal attributes required are:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Physical fitness for either lifting crates and boxes or standing for long periods of time
- Ability to multi-task and also complete tasks within the required timeframes
- Motivation to learn new skills
- A positive work ethic and attitude
If you believe you have the passion and energy to bring to life the New World experience and would like to be part of the awesome team at Wigram New World apply online now! Please include a covering letter and full curriculum vitae.
We make every endeavor to look at every application we receive however we do receive a significant number of applications when we advertise for part-time workers. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application this means that we have kept your application open for possible future job vacancies up until 2 months after the vacancy closing date. After the 2 month period we will re-advertise online and would require applicants to re-submit their applications with us.
Applications close Wednesday 23rd January but don’t wait till then get your application in now!
Overseas applicants must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: 8060.141
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019